So, you need more space and the basement is the only way to go. Maybe it’s a place for family entertainment or separate quarters for a family member or perhaps you just want to create a clean dry playroom for the kids but whatever the need, the challenge is doing it right and within your budget; Ventgrid12™ can help.
Of course, the goal is to create a space that people want to be in which is why the comfort level of the room is so critical to the success of a renovation project. Comfort level can be subjective but it really just comes down to how a person feels within the space. One of the best ways to improve the comfort level is to create a thermal break, or air space, between the cold damp concrete floor and the new finished floor. A thermal break practically eliminates the conductive transfer of heat from the heated living space to the cold concrete slab. Naturally occurring moisture caused by wicking and condensation will collect on the surface of the slab. This dampness needs to escape and evaporate to prevent mold from developing.
Ventgrid12™ is an ideal solution for creating strong subfloors with superior ventilation characteristics. The 1/4”(6.4mm) long stand-offs will keep the flooring separated from the concrete while allowing ample cross ventilation throughout the subfloor system Keeping your floors warm and dry.
Ventgrid12™ offers many advantages making it the ideal solution for basement renovation projects:
- Lowest profile which is means fewer problems in cases where ceiling height is already limited, stairs already exist or door thresholds are a concern
- Most affordable subfloor system available
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Simple to cut
- Easy to install
- Easily shimmed
- High compressive strength
- Superior ventilation
- Unobstructed path to floor drains
- Suitable for most floor assemblies
- So, for a successful basement renovation, Build it on Ventgrid12™!